We are a non-profit, 501(c)3, Washington state licensed adoption agency. YWAM administers four Widows and Orphans Homes in Ethiopia and prepares children from these homes for adoption. YWAM is not licensed with the government in Ethiopia to process adoptions, but we have a partnership with Children’s House International who is Hague accredited and licensed by the Ethiopian government to place children in U.S. adoptive homes from Ethiopia.
Our agency does the homestudy for families in Washington and we require couples living within six hours of the Seattle-Tacoma area to attend our International Adoption Training seminar. We strongly encourage others throughout the U.S. to attend as well if at all possible.
FAMILIES WE WANT TO WORK WITH
We are interested in partnering with families who share our ministry philosophy:
- Adoption is a calling from God and a commitment to a life-long healing process
- Adoption is about giving a family to a child not about getting a child for your family
- Adoption includes understanding and appreciating the circumstances and sacrifice a birthparent has made (whether relinquished or abandoned) and being willing to provide post-adoption pictures and updates to be shared with the birthparent or the orphanage
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ADOPT?
• Heterosexual couples (with or without children) who have been married at least 3 years
• Those who have good medical insurance that will immediately cover your child once he/she is adopted
• Families who have sufficient income
• The minimum age is 25 years old
• Couples with a strong marriage and low divorce history
• Not more than 45 years older than the youngest child you adopt
• No history of criminal activity or incidence of child abuse
WHY CHOOSE US?
You are deciding which international adoption program is the best fit for you. There are many good, ethical agencies working in Ethiopia and you need to determine which one will work best for your family. Consider the areas that make Adoption Ministry of YWAM-Ethiopia unique:
♦ We have a single focus.
Internationally, we work exclusively in Ethiopia. Our partnership with Children’s House International gives you the best support possible. You will benefit from the years of experience CHI brings to the table, and you will value the care that a child from one of our centers receives. Youth With A Mission is a very reputable international missionary organization that lovingly cares for the children God assigns to our orphanages and covers every aspect of the adoption in prayer.
♦ We are intentionally small.
We do not accept more families than we can accommodate with timely referrals. Because we limit the couples we work with, families generally do not wait a long time to get a referral.
♦ You will receive personal attention.
Our focus and support services appeal to a very narrow segment of the population – those who have a strong Christian faith. Our domestic adoption program can attest to the fact that when you adopt through our agency you become family forever.
• At any time you can pick up the phone or email and get answers to your questions.
• Our humanitarian programs are clearly outlined and our ongoing vision will be shared with you frequently.
• We build relationships with our families, pray for them individually and communicate with them often.
• You will receive thoughtful, personalized and professional service at each step of the adoption process.